- Being able to contribute to the development of the people of the future. As Tony Blair said – “Young People are only 13% of our population but they are 100% of the future”. You can help change the future by being involved in youth issues where it all happens.
- The joy of seeing young people “get” something.
- Continuing to learn about yourself –the challenges and new experiences Scouting offers broadens your horizons. The interaction with other adults and young people keeps you linked in and engaged.
- Adventurous Activities – where else can you take part in canoeing, abseiling, rock climbing, scuba diving, hiking, skiing, flying, parascending, caving, four wheel driving, sailing, kayaking, camping, rafting and more in the company of experts and for a very small investment.
- The Scout Laws and Promise- an everyday reminder of how to live, live well and create a great life for you and your family.
- Friendship – the company and friendship of other leaders. Culturally diverse, an amazing range of interests with one common theme – a willingness to share themselves with others.
- Qualifications – we offer Certificate 2, 3, 4 and Diploma level qualifications in a variety of fields. Our training includes Leadership, Management & Training as well as First Aid.
- You can gain experience in a number of different roles, event management, catering, marketing, fundraising, project management to name a few.
- Flexible learning – we now make it easier for you to fit things in to suit the way you want to spend your time, online, face to face and a combination of the two.
- Travel – interstate and overseas; there are plenty of opportunities, Jamborees, Moots, Ventures and a world of Scouts out there ready to welcome you to their area.
- Training and qualifications in adventurous activities. Take your love of activity to a higher level and pass on your skills to others.
- The simple joy of being a volunteer. Giving and receiving.
Thanks to Victorian Venturers for this list.
2nd Ivanhoe is on holiday until 2014.
Cubs start again in 2014 on Monday 3 February,
Scouts and Joeys go back on Tuesday 4 February.
Venturers start next year on Wednesday 5 February.
For details of our meeting times, please click here. To contact us about joining or trying out our Scout Group, please click here.
Adventure, excitement, leadership